Tub spouts - Once a Delta always a Delta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pink Jazz

Reaction score
I am slowly updating the bathroom of my grandfather. Earlier this year I bought him a Moen Engage with Magnetix showerhead. I also want to update the bathtub spout to something new and nicer.

From what I understand, Delta uses these soldered-on adapters for their spouts. So does this mean once a Delta always a Delta unless you replace the entire pipe? Does it make a difference whether the spout is screw-on vs. slip-on?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta makes an adapter for some of the thread on spouts that can either use a pipe nipple or they can be soldered to copper.
They also have some that are slip spout that install with an allen wrench.

Are you sure of what you have now?

delta-lahara-07.jpg

This one was threaded on, it also could have been soldered to 1/2" copper.

delta-tub-spout-adapter-02.jpg

This adapter installs with an Allen

Last edited:

Pink Jazz

Reaction score
Delta makes an adapter for some of the thread on spouts that can either use a pipe nipple or they can be soldered to copper.
They also have some that are slip spout that install with an allen wrench.

Are you sure of what you have now?

This is for my grandfather. I need to check what he has the next time I go to Puerto Rico.

I know with the thread-on Delta spouts if the adapter is soldered to copper you are stuck with replacing it with another Delta spout unless you replace the whole copper tube. Can I replace it with any brand of spout if it is a slip-on?

Reach4

Reaction score
This is for my grandfather. I need to check what he has the next time I go to Puerto Rico.
Could somebody send you a photo of side and bottom?

Why would you suspect it is Delta? Do you remember it not dribbling much, or what?

Does your father have copper piping, or galvanized? My Delta adapter screws onto a 1/2 inch brass nipple screwed into an existing galvanized fitting.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks