Tub Drain & Overflow puzzle put-together questions

Users who are viewing this thread

hisgirl

Reaction score
So we purchased an american standard cambridge tub...it's a soaker, and all I could find were horrid reviews about the drain and overflow. SO...I'm piecing one together. I got a nice Moen push and turn drain with overflow and the rough in kit with a 2 screw conversion thing.

My question is this. We'll be building the part using Sch 40 PVC making the horizontal shoe part, about 6.5 inches, then the taller overflow part, about 14". My contractor has the pipe...but we need the tee.

My spouse went to home depot and he couldn't find a sanitary tee made out of sch 40. Maybe we're confused.

we just need the tee part, female in all three openings, right? In Sch 40 PVD right? Why is this so hard? Any help thank you! (we aren't doing it...my contractor is, and I thought I knew what to get for him and yes he can get it himself, just trying to have parts here since I didn't go with the regular drain with the bad reviews)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-1-2-in-PVC-DWV-All-Hub-Sanitary-Tee-Fitting-C4811HD112/100344315

santee-pvc.jpg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe you're mistaken about the schedule 40 part. What you need to use (per plumbing codes) is
"DWV" pipe. Sched 40 is for use with pressurized water supply piping, and does not have the
necessary shapes for use in drain piping. DWV sizing is compatible with Sched 40.

Also, in some areas, depending on local practice, DWV PVC could be hard to find outside
plumbing trade supply establishments. It is only recently that the big-box stores in my area
started carrying PVC DWV, but they always had Sched 40 (for irrigation, etc. systems and
limited use in residential supply).

hisgirl

Reaction score
Thank yall. I bought the part you listed and yes, researched about the DWV. We were able to find what we needed at HD.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks