Tub 2 Shower Conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

jgalba1

Reaction score
Hi I have a 1.5 inch tub drain I need to convert to a 2 inch Shower drain. The Sanitary Tee has a 2 inch coming straight up from the ground then going straight up to a 1.5 inch vent pipe and branching off to a 1.5in tub drain. I need to do this to Code here in California. This is a concrete slab and pipes are underground. What is the proper way to replace the Sanitary Tee for the 2 inch shower drain and 1.5 inch vent. Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 139

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can cut right below the existing santee and replace it with a 2.0" x 1.5" x 2.0" santee.

Couplings like the ones below allow you to cut and place the new fitting. You will need one for 1.5" plastic and one for 2" plastic.
The metal wrap slides back and the rubber insert is rolled back and then one the pipe and fitting is in-line, rolled back over and the wrap slid into place and snugged up with a 5/16".

plumbquick-coupling-22.jpg

jgalba1

Reaction score
You can cut right below the existing santee and replace it with a 2.0" x 1.5" x 2.0" santee.

Couplings like the ones below allow you to cut and place the new fitting. You will need one for 1.5" plastic and one for 2" plastic.
The metal wrap slides back and the rubber insert is rolled back and then one the pipe and fitting is in-line, rolled back over and the wrap slid into place and snugged up with a 5/16".

plumbquick-coupling-22.jpg

jgalba1

Reaction score
I do have another question please. How do you deal with sewer gasses when replacing something like the San Tee? Thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most plumbers stuff a rag in the drain while they're working on it. I prefer toilet paper because it will break down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks