Trying to remove strong adhesive tape off sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Sandee

Reaction score
I have a 30 -40 year old basic porcelain bathroom wall sink. About 20 years ago I attached a fabric skirt with strong adhesive velcro tape. (I was trying to hide the ugly old pipes underneath the sink.) I removed the skirt around 5 years ago but have never been able to remove a portion of the remaining tape on the porcelain which is an eyesore in the front of the sink.

I have tried all sorts of things to remove it from nail polish remover to WD 40. I have tried using a plastic scraper. The velcro was industrial strength from my dad's upholstery shop.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions? 2) If I succeed in removing it somehow is there any inexpensive way to just cover the old pipes somehow? They are old silvery colored pipes.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Goo Gone is citrus base cleaner, Goof Off is a chemical that will eat through most plastics.

To cover the pipe google search "ADA drain covers"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sometimes use a razor blade to trim and scrap from floors, tiles and porcelain.
Get the kind with a blunt side so that you don't wind up cutting your fingers. I use my rubber gloves while using them too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks