Toto Ultramax leaks onto floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Henley

Reaction score
I just installed a Toto Ultramax toilet and it leaks on the floor on the left side (when facing toilet). There is a long molded passage with some holes just below the tank. When the toilet is flushed, a small amount of water drips from the holes. I think this might be some sort of vent passage. I am contacting Toto since I am a homeowner that installed it myself. Any insight someone has would be appreciated.

Paul Henley

Reaction score
Molded channel with holes. Slight water leak when flushed.

IMG_0890.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
New toilet then. There is no fix for that. Super rare though, sorry it happened with your purchase. Must be a hairline crack somewhere in the tank to bowl connection. I did have something happen one time before on the two piece Vespin. The toilet was supplied by the tile contractor, the bowl leaked when flushed. I would guess from the same bowl location. I went ahead and returned the bowl at my supplier and reinstalled the new bowl. Problem fixed, billed the tile guy and never heard back. I guess he assumed I was making stuff up. So in last twentyfive years, that makes two of them. Dang.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks