Toto post nasal Drip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Donn2390

Reaction score
I have a dual flush Toto that is several years old and still works wonderfully well, but has just recently developed a problem that I can't figure out. I noticed that water continues to run from the holes around the upper rim around the bowl. It is very slight and hardly noticeable, but water is constantly running from those holes. I have no idea how long it has been happening because it is so slight you can't notice it unless you look closely. Daughter is visiting, and she brought it to my attention because she could hear it running. I'm old, give out, and half deaf, so never noticed it.
If I shut off the supply valve, it immediately stops. It doesn't appear that the tank level is dropping, so no suspected leak in that area. I left the valve closed for a while until bowl was completely dry, and as soon as I turned the supply valve back on, the water began to seep from those holes again.
I would appreciate help and suggestions.
Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
See if https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/toto-aquia-2-piece-toilet-runs-continuously.63310/ helps.

aquia_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Donn2390

Reaction score
OK, I'm ready to replace the whole unit as pictured, however I couldn't find it at HD, do you have a part number to search for? Is it possible to remove the tank by just removing the two screws at the bottom of the tank? I'm familiar with the standard toilets where it's necessary to hold a nut at the bottom, which would be impossible with this dual flush, and I would need to remove the entire toilet.
Thanks to all who gave direction..

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are more likely to have a fill valve problem, since your water level does not fall when the supply water is turned off.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I replaced the 528 and that didn't solve the problem, so I am rechecking to see if the water level is dropping or not. If the lever does drop, I will try the flush valve gasket next if I can find one locally. HD guy says they have a kit with several different size gaskets that is supposed to hove one for every toilet, otherwise it's order online..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The dual-flush toilet mechanism does not use a conventional flapper, so you'll need to go to a place that carries that Toto part.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst412mf.10.pdf

I'm not positive which part needs to be replaced...I'd call Toto and ask if someone here can't help. Knowing your specific model would help to verify that I linked the proper parts list. IF you have the paperwork from when you bought yours, it should have the hard copy of this information, but you can get it on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks