Toto Drake vs. UltraMax vs. Eljer Titan vs. Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

colden

Reaction score
I was going to get an Eljer Titan for about $300 until I started reading about the Toto. So now I'm considering these as well: Toto UltraMax, Toto Drake CST744S and the CST734F Dalton

The Drake is cheaper than the UltraMax and the optional CEFIONTECT finish adds a bit more. How are these pricing points? Since I'll be installing it myself, which is better for the price? And easier to install?

It doesn't matter that the toilet is one or two pieces, unless the one piece is much better.

Looking forward to your expert advice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I handle this pretty well in the toilet report below.

The Drake is the two piece version of the Ultramax, but without the slow closing seat.

It's more about looks than function.

Reasons for a one-piece,
Slightly quieter
Comes with the seat
No cleaning between tank and bowl
Tank doesn't need installing
Looks, purely subjective here

The Drake and the Ultramax, the first to come out with the larger flush valve and the long sweeping trapway have been doing very well.

Dalton, a 2" flush valve siphon jet toilet, good bang for the buck, but hard for me to get at the moment. Discontinued in 2011
Titan, a copy of the taller Drake that works pretty well.
Quality does not look as nice as the Toto line though. Nobody buys the Titan if they look at the Drake side by side.

Last edited:

colden

Reaction score
Terry,

I respect your opinion and will go with the one-piece sans the special coating.

Thanks for your very prompt response!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks