Toto Drake II model number confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

JeannetteC

Reaction score
I and a consumer and I went to my plumbing supply to buy the Drake II 545CEFG as recommended by Terry. They gave me the 545CUFG. I complained saying that the CUFG (as shown online and elsewhere) was a cheaper model without double cyclone flush and 1 gallon instead of 1.28.

They showed me the label on the box which says that I'm getting the 1.28 and a Tornado Flush which I believe is the newest model with 3 jets instead of 2. Instead of CEFIONTECT, I'm getting CEFIONTECT. On the Toto website, things seem to be confusing as well. Their listing for the CEFG has CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone. Their CUFG has the CEFIONTECT and Tornado Flush.

The plumbing supply says that CUFG I received is the newest model -- and it appears to be. I haven't seen reviews on the Tornado Flush v. Double Cyclone. It's odd that they would use the same model number to describe their latest model when the old model is reviewed everywhere and priced quite lower.

I guess I'll take what they gave me. I may have received more than I even wished for. I'm interested to hear what Terry has to say about the newer model. I hope it is as highly recommended as the Drake II that I was trying to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Both the 1.28 and the 1.0 use the same bowl. C454CUFG
The tanks are different.
1.28, ST454E
1.00. ST453U

I guess you could call it three jets if you include the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl, and add in the two outlets at the top of the bowl for rinsing.
Regardless, it's a nice product whether you go with the one gallon tank or the 1.28 gallon tank.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yeah, for what it's worth, Toto changed the name of the Double Cyclone flush to the Tornado. It's the same thing. If you have the E tank, you're in business with the 1.28 flush you want. They both use the CUFG bowl now. I know it's confusing. I'm confident that you will love your toilet!

Larry S

Occasional DIY'er
Reaction score
I found that looking at the spec sheet on Toto's website, clears up some confusion on stuff like this as it lists the components (tank and bowl) for two piece toilets. These are always shipped in two different boxes and not as a single unit.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454cefg-specs.pdf

BTW, I've read that CeFiONtect is the new name for CEFIONTECT. I guess CeFiOntect which is difficult to type or read, and impossible to say outloud, made sense in some strange executive's mind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks