toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

altadata

Reaction score
I'm putting in the piping for a new toilet in the basement.
All piping and fittings are PVC. The piping is 3 inch.
I bought a toilet flange that is 4 inch diameter on the outside and 3 inch on the inside.
It will slide in top of the 3 inch piping.

1) Am I supposed to apply cement when I slide the flange on the outside of the 3 inch pipe?
I think I should not, in order to keep the possibility of replacing the flange.
2) Is the flange supposed to seat on the finished floor or at the same level?

Thanks.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
You must use primer and glue on all PVC joints as well as on that flange. Everyone here will tell you on top of the finished floor. Most important thing is to make sure to screw the flange down securely to the floor.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Before you glue the flange, make certain the flange will fit firmly on top of the finished floor, and be certain the flange bolts will be oriented properly so the toilet will be anchored squarely. I prefer at least 4 #12 stainless steel screws that will go through the finished flooring and the sub floor as well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Hopefully, you mean the inside diameter of the fitting is something like 3.5" so it will fit over the pipe, rather than inside of it. you really don't want an inside mount on a 3" pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks