Advice on Toilet Flange Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

BBnAZ

Reaction score
Hi, first time poster here. Working on a small bathroom update and was planning to replace the toilet as I redo the tile floor. After pulling the toilet, I noticed the flange was very uneven, on one side, the flange has pushed over the concrete and is sticking up above the finished (old) tile, the other side bolt sits well below the finished floor. Not sure if it was originally installed like this or if some settling caused movement over time. In any event, I'm struggling to see how I can even get the old flange out of the concrete. I'd ideally like to set tile around the 4 inch ABS pipe and then attach a new flange on top of the finished floor but am struggling with seeing how I can make this happen. I've enclosed a few pics of the current situation. Appreciate any help or thoughts you might have!

Attachments

• IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4852.jpeg
    IMG_4852.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4853.jpeg
    IMG_4853.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 15

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the inside cocked the same as the ring?

I am wondering about using an inside compression flange after you nibble the ring away.

BBnAZ

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. The inside of the pipe seems fine relative to the ring. Are you suggesting perhaps chipping away the ring, cleaning up / leveling the concrete around the pipe as needed, tiling around the pipe and then using an inside compression flange on top of finished floor that expands inside the existing pipe?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks