Toilet Flange Flush or 1/2" - what is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

DOPeter

Reaction score
Greetings All! New member here...

I have read several threads on toilet flange extenders and getting the correct height which seems to be 1/4" above the finished floor for the top of the flange. After tiling my floor, i added one flange extender to bring the top of the flange flush with the top of the tile. All of the extenders i see at the store add 1/2" height.

Am i better off remaining flush or should i add another 1/2" extender?

Thanks,

Pete

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
1/2" may be too high to mount the toilet. The better thing would have been to install a new flange on top of the floor once you finished. You may need a thick wax ring to solve this, or consider one of the waxless seals. They use O-rings and a funnel which should reach down into the lowered flange. The wax rings with embedded funnels offer an extra path for leaks IMHO.

DOPeter

Reaction score
Thanks Fellas, I'll try looking again for the 1/4" extender. I was planning on using a waxless seal also.
-Pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks