Supplier(s) of 1-1/2 PEX for hot and cold

Users who are viewing this thread

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
My condominium association in Houston just finished replacing the original 1-1/2" galvanized hot water line in one of our four buildings with CPVC but now we want cold side done too since we have 6 peoples' ceilings open.

People are wondering why we did not use PEX from the start. The plumbing company said at the time they bid originally was sourcing PEX in 1-1/2" in Houston was the issue with why they did not bid for PEX.

I have been searching online and I cannot find more than 100 foot rolls for $500 per at Granger.
Furguson doesn't list it; all I see is 1/4"-1" max.

From the quantity of pipe we paid for we have 200 feet of hot water line and probably equal amount of cold.
So 400 of pipe and three more buildings. Is there anywhere to source 1200 feet of PEX in 1-1/2". Google is ignoring my search for "1-1/2" PEX" keeps pulling up "1-1/2" bend flex PEX" or just fittings but the actual pipe so it's not finding what I want.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Uponor AquaPex F1021500 is white 1.5 inch PEX-A.

You did not say what kind of PEX you are looking for. You can use PEX-A with various connection methods. Expansion (F1960 fittings) is what is most commonly used with PEX-A, but you can use the other fittings too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
My condominium association in Houston just finished replacing the original 1-1/2" galvanized hot water line in one of our four buildings with CPVC but now we want cold side done too since we have 6 peoples' ceilings open.

People are wondering why we did not use PEX from the start. The plumbing company said at the time they bid originally was sourcing PEX in 1-1/2" in Houston was the issue with why they did not bid for PEX.

I have been searching online and I cannot find more than 100 foot rolls for $500 per at Granger.
Furguson doesn't list it; all I see is 1/4"-1" max.

From the quantity of pipe we paid for we have 200 feet of hot water line and probably equal amount of cold.
So 400 of pipe and three more buildings. Is there anywhere to source 1200 feet of PEX in 1-1/2". Google is ignoring my search for "1-1/2" PEX" keeps pulling up "1-1/2" bend flex PEX" or just fittings but the actual pipe so it's not finding what I want.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.
Thank you for the information.

I think one of the plumbers I used in my unit who did work on the shower used Sharkebit fittings, but I'm not up on all the various varieties.
It seems like PEX is limited in availability in this size but now I have something to google for too. Thank you again.

Reach4

Reaction score
You would not be using SharkBite with that 1.5 inch stuff. To connect the big PEX to fittings, you use a tool and some kind of rings -- expansion, clamp, or crimp probably. Click Inbox above.

Henry Ramsey

Reaction score
I see that 1.5" sharkbite does exist though.

It seems like what I'm asking for is unusual or something though.
Is 1.5" PEX not used to replace 1.5" galvanized?

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like a crimp tool and crimp rings are the economical choice for 1-1/2 inch for a project. No stainless clamps that I found.

The Milwaukee M18 expansion tool with 1-1/2 inch head would be the tool for somebody planning multiple projects.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks