Submersible Well Pump For 4” ID well casing?

Users who are viewing this thread

RtwAldo

Reaction score
It looks like submersible well pumps are 4”dia range. Do they fit or are there smaller pumps for this casing size? I have a shallow well pump but I need to raise casing to above ground code and doing a pitless connection with submersible pump looks like one option.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
What they call a 4" submersible pump is really about 3.75" OD and will fit in what they call 4" casing, which is 4" ID. But it is a tight fit. If it is steel casing sometimes the rust can cause it to get too tight. In those case I recommend the Grundfos SQ series pump like a 10SQ07. These are 3" diameter pumps. The 4" pumps are better and much less expensive if your 4" casing is good.

Reach4

Reaction score
There is a big difference between 4 inch PVC and 4 inch steel casing. With 4 inch steel casing I would/will opt for an SQ pump with a flow inducer.

If you do use a "4 inch" submersible in 4 inch steel, you would want that pump to be a Slimline/Trimline pump, which is a little smaller. I had my 12-year-old Sta-rite Trimline 4-inch pump reinstalled into my 4 inch steel casing when I got my pit demolished and pitless adapter installed.

The extension can be done different ways. One way is to get a piece made that changes the upper part of the casing to 5-inch. That lets you use a common trapezoidal pitless adapter. Otherwise you would need a thru-way/clear-way pitless adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks