Stuck Moen shower stem valve

Users who are viewing this thread

stuckshowerguy

Reaction score
Hi folks, looking for some advice on how to get a shower valve unstuck. A roommate broke the handle off a couple years ago, and i just put a new one on....and realized why the last one broke, the valve seems stuck. Won't push, pull, turn, nothing, nada. The wall plate says its a Stanodyne, picture is attached. From what I am seeing I have a feeling that if I call a plumber Im going to end up with a bigger hole in my wall and a bigger hole in my wallet, too. Any obvious tricks/tips/solutions to getting this valve to work?

Thanks in advance!
IMAG0998.jpgIMAG1004.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

quote; Moen 1225B cartridge will fix that. It WILL, after he gets the old one out, which is the problem he is asking about. The answer may be that YOU will not get it out, but a skilled plumber with the right tools, (and I have about 5 different ones to remove it depending on the situation and how it degrades as each tool is applied to the core), should be able to do it in a matter of minutes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks