Stuck cross handle on Grohe wide spread bathroom sink faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Simons

Reaction score
I need to replace the hot and cold cartridges on a 15 year old Grohe Seabury faucet and can't remove one of the "cross" handles. Cold came off easily after removing the screw holding the handle on to the stem, but the hot is completely frozen.
After leaving WD40 soaking into the spines for a day I tried using a plumbers handle puller to no avail, it just keeps slipping even if the puller "arms" are held closed with vice grips, I feel like I'm going to break the tee bar if I wind the puller down any further.
Someone suggested soaking with "CRC Freeze Off", but no luck.

Just wondering any one has any suggestions before I attack it with a blow torch and potentially ruin the chrome finish or bring out the sawzall as a last resort. Either way I'll probably end up buying a new faucet.

Thanks.

20220304_103325_resized.jpg
20220304_103314_resized.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks