Replace the hot and cold cartridges on Grohe Seabury faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

HenryEvans

Reaction score
I need to replace the hot and cold cartridges on a 12 year old Grohe Seabury faucet and can't remove one of the "cross" handles. Cold came off easily after removing the screw holding the handle on to the stem, but the hot is completely frozen.
After leaving WD40 soaking into the spines for a day I tried using a plumbers handle puller to no avail, it just keeps slipping even if the puller "arms" are held closed with vice grips, I feel like I'm going to break the tee bar if I wind the puller down any further.
Someone suggested soaking with "CRC Freeze Off", but no luck.

Thanks.

index.php

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

djp714

Reaction score
I also have the same Grohe Seabury faucet and can't remove the handle. My handle style is different but same model. I'm able to wiggle the handle but can't seem to get it off.

Did you end up figuring out a way to remove it? Perhaps a handle pull tool can help? I read in a different forum that there may be a handle set screw but I don't see it. I also tried loosening the cone base. I have 3 of these faucets and can't remove the handle on any of them. I'm assuming there is some set screw..

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I've got lots of experience with Seabury and similar. Unfortunately, channel lock pliers are the only way to unscrew the upper trim from the valve body.
file:///C:/Users/marcb/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Grohe%20TPI's.zip/Grohe%20TPI's/Seabury/Lavs/20800%2012-10.pdf

djp714

Reaction score
Attaching picture. I managed to remove the top trim screw. But the handle does not come off even with force. I made sure there's no set screw for the handle. Any suggestions? Thank you.

faucet.jpg

willy818

Reaction score
I need to replace the hot and cold cartridges on a 12 year old Grohe Seabury faucet and can't remove one of the "cross" handles. Cold came off easily after removing the screw holding the handle on to the stem, but the hot is completely frozen.
After leaving WD40 soaking into the spines for a day I tried using a plumbers handle puller to no avail, it just keeps slipping even if the puller "arms" are held closed with vice grips, I feel like I'm going to break the tee bar if I wind the puller down any further.
Someone suggested soaking with "CRC Freeze Off", but no luck.

Thanks.

index.php

index.php

chazyouwin

Reaction score
I've got lots of experience with Seabury and similar. Unfortunately, channel lock pliers are the only way to unscrew the upper trim from the valve body.
file:///C:/Users/marcb/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Grohe%20TPI's.zip/Grohe%20TPI's/Seabury/Lavs/20800%2012-10.pdf

chazyouwin

Reaction score
Hi your link which I’m sure is helpful is no longer valid. I’m trying to get the upper trim off on the Seabury with channel lock piers and I can’t really get a grip on the upper trim piece. I have removed the handle and the upper trim piece seems to lock the lower trim piece in place, with a separate thread, so I need to get the upper trim piece off first I reckon. Had no problem with the hot side, now the cold side seems stuck. How do I get leverage on this nice-looking design pice with channel lock pliers? I’ve already destroyed the finish, so not a problem there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks