Loose handle on Essence 8" Widespread Two-Handle Bathroom Faucet M-Size MODEL # 2029700A

Users who are viewing this thread

lkbry501

Reaction score
Helping a friend with a loose bathroom sink handle.

1. Need recommendations on how to get the handle off. It doesn't have any holes for screw connections, and the diagram looks like it twists on and off. Wanted to check before I gave it a good yank.

2. Once I get the handle removed, brainstorming ideas for the fix. Any feedback welcomed.

https://www.grohe.us/Widespread-Fau...-Bathroom-Faucet-12-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-2029700A

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you follow that link and click on the installation instructions and read the download (its not written really well IMO like most installation manuals) you will find this section.

4. Place the escutcheon O-ring (D) on the basin and screw down the handle with escutcheon (E) until it stops. Be sure that the handle points away from the spout.

5. Tighten the mounting set (B) from below to secure the valve.

Seems that you must follow in reverse. Loosen the nut from below to release tension on the trim escutcheon above. Once loosened, then you can unscrew the escutcheon with the handle to reveal the cartridge.

upload_2021-11-30_12-15-40.png

At least that is my take on it.

lkbry501

Reaction score
If you follow that link and click on the installation instructions and read the download (its not written really well IMO like most installation manuals) you will find this section.

4. Place the escutcheon O-ring (D) on the basin and screw down the handle with escutcheon (E) until it stops. Be sure that the handle points away from the spout.

5. Tighten the mounting set (B) from below to secure the valve.

Seems that you must follow in reverse. Loosen the nut from below to release tension on the trim escutcheon above. Once loosened, then you can unscrew the escutcheon with the handle to reveal the cartridge.

View attachment 78992

At least that is my take on it.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing you suggested just didn't want to mess up their sink.

The handle is on really tight and I'm having trouble getting it to unscrew. Any suggestions?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Only suggestion I can think of is to lower the lower nut a bunch so that the top escutcheon is easier to grip with your hand or tool depending on if the faucet is ever going to be reinstalled.

pasco-basin-wrench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks