Status of Smeal MRF:

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Yes, it's why our manufacturers are running to Mexico and China, to escape the predator-viper lawyers and the politicians [all lawyers too] that allow those parasites to live on our blood and sweat.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If we don’t change to a loser pays type legal system, we are done for. Insurance companies will nearly always settle, even when the insured is not at fault. It is cheaper to give them 20 or 30,000 than to go to court, even when the insured wins. They just add the cost to your next premium. So the motto in America now is… Find someone with insurance and sue. Even when the insured is not at fault, their insurance company will pay you just to go away. Now that’s just WRONG!

Got my first Smeal in “73. Hate to see such a good company have to go through that.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I suppose when some drunk well guy in a van runs a light and a big commercial CSV shoots out thru the windshield into the car he hit, you will be the main focus of the lawsuit, including the windshield maker, the car maker, the rope maker that it was tied to, and the tire mfg. for not having a signal device alerting the driver to low tread.

While the fat lawyer sits on the porch of his McMansion sipping a pinya colada with a little umbrella in it.

And soon the well dope gets a huge reward for winning the stupidity lobby.

You cant fix laws about lawyers when all the politico's ARE lawyers. And the jurys are handpicked for being ignorant, unemployed "I hate industry" dopes.

The best you can do is create a judgement proof holding type company, but of course a lawyer will charge a fortune to do so.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks