Well x trol wx252

Users who are viewing this thread

Grunt

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Well x Trol WX 252 was discontinued by the manufacturer ?

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know, but I expect the WX-302 was longer-lived. Downside is that it takes more floor space.

Grunt

Reaction score
Yes sure your right but the reason I'm asking why it was discontinued is I can get a wx 252 new in box for $389.00
but worried why it was discontinued.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sounds like a very good deal. Get your precharge right (2 psi below cut-in for a submersible pump), and I guess it might last plenty long -- better than some other tanks of that capacity.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The tall and skinny design of the 252 causes the diaphragm to move further and wear out quicker than the shorter and wider 302. Adding a Cycle Stop Valve will make any tank diaphragm last longer because it doesn't cycle or go up and down nearly as many times or as fast. But if you add a CSV you don't need any tank as large as a 252 (86 gal) as a WX102 (4.5 gal) is all that is needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks