Some basic toilet replacement questions, 10.75" rough

Users who are viewing this thread

DennisF

Reaction score
My home was built 3 years ago, two of the toilets have no gap between the tank and wall. In fact the lid on one of the toilet's doesn't sit on top correctly because there is not enough space between the tank and wall. I was thinking of replacing these 2 toilets with higher quality unit's designed for a 10" rough in. The measurement from the wall to the middle of the bolt is 10.75". Is there any other consideration I should be concerned about, any recommendations would be appreciated. We have hard water here, which forces me to replace the flappers every 9-12 months. It would be ideal to buy a toilet that has components that will last longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some of the flapperless designs allow the tank to slide forward away from the wall.
No flapper, so that part lasts.

The handles break though.

Toto makes several modles with a Unifit adapter that will allow the tank to be farther away.
They have flappers though. Fluidmaster has a new replacement flapper for them I would like to try.
You can get the Toto with CEFIONTECT which will mean a cleaner bowl with hard water. That could be a plus.
Unift adapter and toilets that work with it

DennisF

Reaction score
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response, just two more questions. Does the Guinevere come with the Unitfit adapter or is it ordered sperate? Does the adapter come with the parts for 10-12-14 or do you order it for your size? Thanks so much for your assistance.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The toilets listed, including the Guinevere, come standard with only the 12" Unifit adapter. The 10" must be purchased separately.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks