Slow copper pipe leak from under the concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Yovav

Reaction score
Few years ago, a car touched the loop going from right to left in picture one, we had home warranty fix it, but now after 2 years it started leaking,

So, the main connection at the bottom gets wet.

A guy came in to check it out says its probably from under the main connection that goes into the concrete, it made the wall wet and also wet the concrete slab on the other side of the wall (about 2 foot diameter)

Now the guy says he would re-pipe it and bring a pipe from the front of the house, probably a $2500 job

1. Is it possible to break the concrete around the pipe and reveal it so the broken part can be fixed?

2. Where do you think the pipe may be broken at (given that the pipe was slightly bent few years ago from right to left in the picture while a car touched the loop)

3. What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3595.JPG IMG_3596.JPG IMG_3597.JPG IMG_3598.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could break concrete there and see if you can find a good section of PEX to connect to if you think the leak is at the connection there. It's a gamble but maybe it's worth taking it.
I can see that plumber also thinking that breaking concrete is in fact a gamble, so quoting a sure fix might make sense too. You could break concrete and still wind up doing the reroute anyway. What are the odds in Vegas now?

My home, I might take the gamble.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you dig into the concrete, you might set some posts to prevent future damage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks