Shower Trim Kit - Brushed nickel with Brass, Cast Metal, Plastic

Users who are viewing this thread

The harrymanimus

harrymanimus
Reaction score
I purchased some stainless steel Delta Lahara faucets for a remodel. Then I started looking to purchase a Shower Trim Kit. On the Lahara trim kit, the bath spout is plastic, and some parts on the handle and shower head are also. So I went looking for an alternative trim kit. I contacted customer support for Delta and seems they don't really do metal unless you want to spend $500 and those did not suit my taste. I found a Kohler brushed nickel that looks pretty nice, says it is made from brass. Found a Moen that is made from cast metal.

Any advice on these brands with these materials? I assume that brushed nickel in some other brand will match my Lahara stainless steel faucets "close enough"?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
delta-lahara-02.jpg

It does look nice.

The harrymanimus

harrymanimus
Reaction score
We will be replacing the valve, so we can pick from different brands at this point.

Yes the Lahara looks nice, probably the best of all of them. Should I not worry about the plastic and go Delta?

Looking at the Moen, the brushed nickel pics on that do not seem to match the SS of the Lahara as well as pics of the Kohler so I may be opening myself up to issues there. The Kohler Fairfax looks like it might match the best. TS12007-4-BN

delta-58065-ss.jpg

Delta 58065-SS

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personal opinion...Kohler stuff can be a bit more difficult to buy repair parts for when the time comes...they change their designs fairly frequently, so it's hard to find and has to be ordered, if they still make it. THey seem to have a design of the day and change things fairly often. Not saying the stuff is bad, but make sure you keep the installation instructions so you can figure out the actual part number you may need when the time comes. Course, keeping the instructions isn't a bad idea for any of them, but much more important with Kohler stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks