Serious back pressure to the well

Users who are viewing this thread

redwire

Reaction score
IMG_20200524_200714~2.jpg
Ok, I Live in Florida. The pump is in a shed. I have lots of pressure before check valve at the well. It will blast water at the connector (see picture). Only laymen's knowledge here, shouldn't all the pressure be after the pump not before? There is no pump in the well. Any help is appreciated. Dry

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
When the pump is not running, the suction line gets pressurized. When you say "before" the check valve, do you mean between the check valve and the pump or between the check valve and the well?

redwire

Reaction score
When the pump is not running, the suction line gets pressurized. When you say "before" the check valve, do you mean between the check valve and the pump or between the check valve and the well?
Between the check valve and pump.

redwire

Reaction score
Ok. I thought I had the check valve just to keep the primeband not lose all the water back down to the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks