Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm replacing a rotten subfloor and toilet flange for a customer. Was going smoothly until I noticed that their piping is 3" Schedule 30 and all my new pieces are Schedule 40. Can somebody please recommend a coupling that will work to join these? Do they even make them? I had found a bushing to join them since the ID of both is the same, but thought using a coupling on the outside (less obstruction in the pipe even though it's minimal) would be preferred.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Live and learn I never heard of schedule 30 used for venting , or soil or waste lines

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Live and learn I never heard of schedule 30 used for venting , or soil or waste lines
Charlotte's catalog only shows it in 3" pipe with an OD of 3.25". So I infer the hub OD is 3.5" and the advantage is that it fits in a 2x4 wall.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
your not joining cast iron to plastic right? because 3 or 4 inch plastic is noticeably bigger than casiron and would take a cast iron to plastic adapter band. never seen sch 30 either

Reaction score

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, that was just the first link I found, that should give you the standard terminology to search for. Hopefully you can find someone to ship it to you. Sometimes it helps to looks up a particular manufacturer's part number (Charlotte, or Genoa, or Spears, or maybe Nibco) and then search for the part number.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks