Saniflo toilet with no refill tube and low water in bowl

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by MMM, May 27, 2018.

1. MMM

MMM New Member

we had a new Saniflo toilet installed recently and the water is extremely low in the bowl. When comparing it to my other toilets, I realized there is no refill tube. There is a place in the fill valve that looks like a refill tube would attach to, but no water flows out and it appears to be capped.

Is this expected or would you think this could be an installation error? Any ideas for quick fixes? I’d love to have the toilet working better this weekend.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with the toilet. Slowly add a quart or two of water into the bowl. Does the water level rise and stay up for a couple of minutes? If not, more refill is not going to raise the level. It may be that it is designed to not have a lot of water in the bowl. The water is enough to cover the exit hole, I presume.

If the water in the bowl does rise after pouring, I would call the number that was provided in the lit that shipped with the toilet, and ask if you are missing something.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    One side-effect of more modern toilets that flush with less water is that the bowl water depth or surface area will be impacted...you want each flush to entirely replace all of the water there, and you can't have a huge volume in the bowl. So, it sort of depends on what you're comparing this new toilet to. Old ones from way back could use as much as 7-8 gallons...then, it dropped to 3.5 and now is at 1.6, and some are working okay with as little as 1g.