Rough In Critique

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Zane Bridgers, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Zane Bridgers

Zane Bridgers Member

Called the inspection, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone sees any red flags. PEX is holding at 80 PSI, after finding some leaking threaded fittings with soap and water.

IMG_8994.JPG IMG_8993.JPG IMG_8992.JPG IMG_8991.JPG IMG_8990.JPG IMG_8995.JPG

2. OLD TIMER

OLD TIMER Member

The toilet flange gets screwed down to the finish floor. To some it don't matter.
    But it might to your inspector.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. OLD TIMER

OLD TIMER Member

I forgot to tell you, you have to pressure test all those pipes and the inspector needs to see them under test. unless you already knew that.

5. Zane Bridgers

Zane Bridgers Member

Thanks Old Timer! The slab is rough there around the penetration, but it will be stained concrete floors.

Good news is we passed the inspection! He said we could have run water lines in the wall and insulated, also maybe needed an offset toilet flange, and 2" VTR here because of the cold winters, so have to put a coupling before the 1.5" vent passes through the roof. We have to fill the shower pan with water for the final with a test ball.

6. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Not sure what's going on with your toilet supply. Looks really close to wall after drywall

7. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

The shower pan liner needs corner patches at the curb. Does it have a preslope underneath it?

Cheers, Wayne

8. jadziedzic

jadziedzic Active Member

9. Zane Bridgers

Zane Bridgers Member

Yes, the pre-slope mud bed is under there, I haven't seen corner patches mentioned as a requirement elsewhere. Is this a nice to have or a must have? I folded the corners like a present so there are no cuts. Would the corner dams go in all corners or just the curb?

Do you mean horizontal blocking just around the perimeter of the top of the liner? The inspector didn't say anything, but I guess that makes sense. I read the fine home building article - not sure there is anything I didn't come across previously, but a nice refresh.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
  10. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

11. Zane Bridgers

Zane Bridgers Member

Got it! Thanks Wayne!