Rough In Critique

Users who are viewing this thread

Zane Bridgers

Reaction score
Called the inspection, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone sees any red flags. PEX is holding at 80 PSI, after finding some leaking threaded fittings with soap and water.

IMG_8994.JPG
IMG_8993.JPG
IMG_8992.JPG
IMG_8991.JPG
IMG_8990.JPG
IMG_8995.JPG

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
The toilet flange gets screwed down to the finish floor. To some it don't matter.
But it might to your inspector.

Last edited:

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
I forgot to tell you, you have to pressure test all those pipes and the inspector needs to see them under test. unless you already knew that.

Zane Bridgers

Reaction score
Thanks Old Timer! The slab is rough there around the penetration, but it will be stained concrete floors.

Good news is we passed the inspection! He said we could have run water lines in the wall and insulated, also maybe needed an offset toilet flange, and 2" VTR here because of the cold winters, so have to put a coupling before the 1.5" vent passes through the roof. We have to fill the shower pan with water for the final with a test ball.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The shower pan liner needs corner patches at the curb. Does it have a preslope underneath it?

Cheers, Wayne

Zane Bridgers

Reaction score
The shower pan liner needs corner patches at the curb. Does it have a preslope underneath it?

Cheers, Wayne

Yes, the pre-slope mud bed is under there, I haven't seen corner patches mentioned as a requirement elsewhere. Is this a nice to have or a must have? I folded the corners like a present so there are no cuts. Would the corner dams go in all corners or just the curb?

The shower pan liner also needs horizontal blocking between the studs (doesn't look like it has any). There's a nice article in the recent Fine Homebuilding magazine detailing code requirements for site-built shower pans; worth a look

Do you mean horizontal blocking just around the perimeter of the top of the liner? The inspector didn't say anything, but I guess that makes sense. I read the fine home building article - not sure there is anything I didn't come across previously, but a nice refresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks