RESOLVED How/where does one find pipe caps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Minni

Reaction score
Say you have a Delta faucet + side-sprayer.
Or a Moen faucet + side-sprayer.
Or whichever faucet + side sprayer.

Let's say the sprayer leaks. You decide to rid yourself of it.

Where do you then shop for a cap, to block off the part which leads to the sprayer?
From Moen? From Delta? From a supply house?
What key words to search for it online?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Real old brass bodied faucets had stubs where you could cap off the sprayer.
Supply house and decent hardware stores carry a variety of caps and possibly you need to grab a few different ones.
They will most likely be 3/8" or smaller.
The stub would need teflon or joint compound, and note: the threads are not necessarily tapered pipe threads.
Removing the faucet to match exactly is best, but by then, you would be much better of with a new faucet.

Minni

Reaction score
I see - thanks! So assume i buy Blah-Blah faucet via a faucet supply house, that same supply-house should stock pipe-caps that are compatible with the edge of the Blah-Blah sprayer-connection?

So should i ask them:
"Do you stock pipe-caps to fit the edge of the Blah-Blah sprayer-connection?"

And what if they say they don't stock same? What if they're the best source for buying a faucet,
yet not the best source for buying a matching pipe-cap? So who says i can find another source to help achieve a good match?

Locally i'd probably get nowhere, so i'd like to know good online sources.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF it is a threaded connection, usually 1/4' IPS, then a supply house will have the cap. IF it is anything else, you only hope is to contact the manufacturer and HOPE they make one, but not usually.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
New faucets don't have threaded hose connectors to the side spray. They've been replaced with quick disconnects. I finally found a faucet on our warehouse shelf with a side spray (almost every kitchen faucet we've sold in the last 10yrs is a pull down) and it was a quick disconnect.

I looked up a new Moen and found this in their parts breakdown.

https://www.moen.com/products/Moen/Moen_HydrolockR_Hose_Spray_Kit/136102

I think they make plugs that fit into the quick disconnect port, but it would certainly have to come from Moen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks