Recovery time question

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
there’s something I don’t quite understand. My pump puts out 7 GPM. My tank drawdown is 1.5 gallons. Why does it take 43 seconds to refill 1.5 gallons? Shouldn’t it take less than 15 seconds? I know 43 seconds is good, I’m just curious as to why it tskes that long.

Reach4

Reaction score
A centrifugal pump puts out less water as the backpressure increases. The CSV that you have provides controlled backpressure to throttle the pump once the pressure is above the setpoint. At that point, the pump flow is throttled to about 1 gpm.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah the CSV will give you as much water as you want and deliver it at a strong constant (steady) pressure. But when you are not using any water, the internal bypass in the CSV only lets the pressure tank fill at about 1 GPM. With the CSV set at 50 PSI using a 40/60 pressure switch, the tank is half full before the CSV starts working. So when you stop using water, it should take about 45 seconds to put the last .75 of a gallon in that tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks