Rebedding a carbon filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Lukasny

Reaction score
I'm planning to rebed my carbon filter with 2510 sxt valve but all YouTube videos I have seen only show in/out valves and they recommend flashing with water in and out ports. How can I flash 2510 sxt before I run it through my house and softener ?

Lukasny

Reaction score
That was my plan to fill it up before valve is installed and let it stay for 72hrs but after that I have seen on videos people flashing it with water - first through in line for 15min and then out for 6 min. How can I do that flash after it soaks for 3 days with 2510 sxt mounted ? or is it overkill ?

Reach4

Reaction score
After letting it soak, I think going to fast rinse for a while before a backwash to blow out the fines, might be good. Or maybe just backwash after your 72 hour soak.

I expect you could step ahead to the fast rinse in bypass, and open the bypass, and pull the power to keep the piston in the fast rinse for a period. Similarly you could extend backwash by pulling the plug during backwash.

Last edited:

Lukasny

Reaction score
After letting it soak, I think going to fast rinse for a while before a backwash to blow out the fines, might be good. Or maybe just backwash after your 72 hour soak.

I expect you could step ahead to the fast rinse in bypass, and open the bypass, and pull the power to keep the piston in the fast rinse for a period. Similarly you could extend backwash by pulling the plug during backwash.
Did that, worked perfectly. Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks