Rear outlet toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

jiggityjars

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking into adding a bathroom in my basement, and I'm interested in using a rear-outlet toilet with a macerating box made either by zoeller (the qwik jon ultra) or saniflo (the sanigrind). I know that both zoeller and saniflo offer complete packages with toilets, but the toilets that come with these systems look pretty sub-par to me.

It looks like what I'll need for either the qwik jon ultra or the sanigrind is a rear-outlet toilet. I'm having a hard time finding any rear outlet toilets online. I found an old post in this forum talking about the Gerber floor mounted rear outlet toilet model 21-310. That looks nice, but I'm not sure if that type of toilet (flushmate) would work with the grinder box.

I guess what I'm after is just a very standard looking and operating toilet that has a rear outlet and is floor mounted that will work with a macerating box. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you put a sump somewhere, you could take care of a full bathroom. I had the impression that a Flushmate valve required a large supply line, not typically available in a residential unit.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I had a [Sloan] Flushmate in an old A/S Cadet. It works fine with a small supply line -- an internal pressure tank fills at whatever rate the line supplies, and when it's full it's at line pressure. I'm on a well, and it seems like it always wound up at the high-pressure limit. When you flush, all hell breaks loose, and the water in the tank is forced out the large opening into the bowl at high pressure. Does a really good job of imitating the commercial toilet which does use a huge supply line.

jiggityjars

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the Flushmate.

The room I'm working with is very small, only room for a sink and bowl, so I don't think I'm going to go the sump route.

I'd really like to hear some someone who has used either the Sanigrind or the Qwik Jon Ultra with a rear-outlet toilet. I'm especially interested in hearing about experiences with the Qwik Jon Ultra since it's a fairly new product and I haven't seen any reviews out there yet.

Thanks again.

Chris

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm especially interested in hearing about experiences with the Qwik Jon Ultra since it's a fairly new product and I haven't seen any reviews out there yet.

Put it in and let us know! I'm not a fan of saniflo units. If you would just be my guinea pig on the Zoeller unit...

IMHO A pit is best and everything else is a poor substitute!

jiggityjars

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about being a guinea pig, but I'm not thrilled about breaking the floor either, so I think I'm going to give the Zoeller system a try.

Btw, I mistyped earlier, the system is called the Zoeller Qwik Jon Ultima, NOT Qwik Jon Ultra.

Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks