Question on bathroom sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
Tried posting pics but said they are too big, so to be a direct as possible, I need to put in a sink drain and most pictures I see show the trap arm going into a tee and then dropping vertically before going horizontal, however I have something in the way so I would like to know if I can start off with a 45 or 90 on the flat so that the thing starts off horizontally, and runs into a vertical drain a couple of feet away? is this okay or is there some reason I need a drop to begin with?

like this O----------l

rather than
O
l
l_______l

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The trap arm grades at 2% or 1/4" per foot.

lav_rough_1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Tried posting pics but said they are too big, so to be a direct as possible,
If you use Windows, I suggest you open the photo in Paint, reduce the size to maybe 400x600, and saving as a JPG. Max is 800 in longest side, but smaller tells the story well.

You can continue the horizontal trap arm, through a bend, to a pipe that connects to a sanitary tee (santee) off to the side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks