Question about bolt length extending from wall for Gerber Maxwell wall hung toliet.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Jeff Calvin, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jeff Calvin

Jeff Calvin New Member

Hi Terry, I have seen several of your great posts helping folks with questions about the Gerber wall hung toilet and our Case 3200 wall hung came off the wall last month. We have a new Gerber Maxwell on the way to replace it, but I'm trying to get everything setup for when it gets here. It appears that the previous setup was not level at all and might have been some of the factor with it coming down after 49 years. I have it leveled now and was trying to figure out how far the bolts need to extend past the finished wall roughly for the toilet to sit and the nuts to screw on. I have read through a number of great posts on your site including only tightening 3 of the nuts and the 4th hand tight, but was trying to determine based on the documentation provided by Gerber how far I need to leave the bolts extended past the wall. We have someone coming to repair the drywall this weekend and I wanted to have everything as close as possible to where it needs to be.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Hi Jeff,
    I notice that Gerber doesn't list any dimensions for installation.
    The horn protrudes 5/8" from the wall, and the bolts about 2"
    I place the backing nuts even with the wall and then place a flat washer next. That keeps the bowl the thickness of the washer away from the wall.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jeff Calvin

Jeff Calvin New Member

Excellent information. I will get them set around that range and we will still have some access after the wall is patched, but it will be much easier now. Thanks again.

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    You do not have to finish the wall in the area between the bolts so if necessary you can cut it out to access the bolts afterwards.

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber

I put this video together to show how a wall hung toilet is installed onto the carrier.
    You can comment and let me know what you think.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019