Question about bolt length extending from wall for Gerber Maxwell wall hung toliet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Calvin

Reaction score
Hi Terry, I have seen several of your great posts helping folks with questions about the Gerber wall hung toilet and our Case 3200 wall hung came off the wall last month. We have a new Gerber Maxwell on the way to replace it, but I'm trying to get everything setup for when it gets here. It appears that the previous setup was not level at all and might have been some of the factor with it coming down after 49 years. I have it leveled now and was trying to figure out how far the bolts need to extend past the finished wall roughly for the toilet to sit and the nuts to screw on. I have read through a number of great posts on your site including only tightening 3 of the nuts and the 4th hand tight, but was trying to determine based on the documentation provided by Gerber how far I need to leave the bolts extended past the wall. We have someone coming to repair the drywall this weekend and I wanted to have everything as close as possible to where it needs to be.

Thanks,
Jeff

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Jeff,
I notice that Gerber doesn't list any dimensions for installation.
The horn protrudes 5/8" from the wall, and the bolts about 2"
I place the backing nuts even with the wall and then place a flat washer next. That keeps the bowl the thickness of the washer away from the wall.

Jeff Calvin

Reaction score
Excellent information. I will get them set around that range and we will still have some access after the wall is patched, but it will be much easier now. Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

I put this video together to show how a wall hung toilet is installed onto the carrier.
You can comment and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks