Replacing Case 3000 - Set Very Low - Recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

gmalone507

Reaction score
Hello,

First off, Terry, THANK YOU so much. I'm a new homeowner and our Case 3000 developed a nasty crack in the tank, so we have to replace it. This forum has been a wealth of extremely helpful information.

Now, to the questions.

1. It looks like our Case 3000 was hung low, with the bottom bolts at the minimum height of 3 1/8". Additionally, it looks like the carrier was custom made (or at least not standard - pic in 231204 Carrier, attached). I'm leaning toward the Gerber Maxwell and am trying to figure out if it will fit, but I'm calculating two different dimensions from the CL of the bottom bolt to the bottom of the toilet (attaching file 231204 Gerber Maxwell for clarity). Does anyone have this toilet and would be able to provide a measurement?

2. I'm concerned about what appears to be corrosion on the pipe (pics in 231204 Carrier and 231204 Closeup). Is it ok as-is or do I need to replace? Not sure if it makes a difference but we are planning to do a remodel in a few years when we have more money saved up. This is just intended to be a fix until then.

Thanks for any info in advance!

Attachments

• 231204 Carrier.pdf
    966.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 231204 Closeup.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 231204 Gerber Maxwell Dim.pdf
    229.7 KB · Views: 54

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

First off, Terry, THANK YOU so much. I'm a new homeowner and our Case 3000 developed a nasty crack in the tank, so we have to replace it. This forum has been a wealth of extremely helpful information.

Now, to the questions.

1. It looks like our Case 3000 was hung low, with the bottom bolts at the minimum height of 3 1/8". Additionally, it looks like the carrier was custom made (or at least not standard - pic in 231204 Carrier, attached). I'm leaning toward the Gerber Maxwell and am trying to figure out if it will fit, but I'm calculating two different dimensions from the CL of the bottom bolt to the bottom of the toilet (attaching file 231204 Gerber Maxwell for clarity). Does anyone have this toilet and would be able to provide a measurement?

2. I'm concerned about what appears to be corrosion on the pipe (pics in 231204 Carrier and 231204 Closeup). Is it ok as-is or do I need to replace? Not sure if it makes a difference but we are planning to do a remodel in a few years when we have more money saved up. This is just intended to be a fix until then.

Thanks for any info in advance!
Often with the case 3000 it is a four bolt carrier where only the bottom two bolts are used. You will need to add the top two bolts to replace the toilet. If there is no threads to add the top two bolts you will need to replace the carrier. That carrier although unusually set up looks like you may be able to add the top two bolts.

Last edited:

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Often with the case 3000 it is a four bolt carrier where only the bottom two bolts are used. You will need to open up the wall and add the top two bolts to replace the toilet. If there is no threads to add the top two bolts you will need to replace the carrier.
if there is corrosion in the pipe try cleaning it up with a wire brush. That should clean some of the rust off. When installing the new wall hung toilet you will need a neoprene seal.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
I circled where the top two bolts should thread into the carrier

Attachments

• 231204 Carrier 3.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks