Polyethylene gas pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

FredC

Reaction score
I am considering running about 140 ft of pipe for a propane feed to the house from a 500 gal tank. One regulator at the tank will be set approximately 10 PSI at the tank then a second regulator at the house will be about 14" water column attached to 1 1/4" balck pipe to feed the house. I need to get from the tank to the regulator at the wall then come out into a tee to go in the house and back underground to feed a fireplace, and a grill with an eventual spa heater( but that is later & will require another regulator)

Copper is kind of high right now & I was thinking of using either 3/4" or 1" PE. My questions are what kind of fittings are available for the PE to black pipe transition and do these fittings require special tools. I don't mind spending the cash on the tool if its reasonable. I have looked at Locke supply on-line and noticed that the only fittings for PE to NPT are fusion fittings. I am not sure how they work, or if there are any other, like maybe something mechanical? Can someone shed some light on the available fittings. THanks
FRC

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks