Polyethylene gas pipe

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by FredC, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. FredC

    FredC New Member

    Feb 17, 2007
    I am considering running about 140 ft of pipe for a propane feed to the house from a 500 gal tank. One regulator at the tank will be set approximately 10 PSI at the tank then a second regulator at the house will be about 14" water column attached to 1 1/4" balck pipe to feed the house. I need to get from the tank to the regulator at the wall then come out into a tee to go in the house and back underground to feed a fireplace, and a grill with an eventual spa heater( but that is later & will require another regulator)

    Copper is kind of high right now & I was thinking of using either 3/4" or 1" PE. My questions are what kind of fittings are available for the PE to black pipe transition and do these fittings require special tools. I don't mind spending the cash on the tool if its reasonable. I have looked at Locke supply on-line and noticed that the only fittings for PE to NPT are fusion fittings. I am not sure how they work, or if there are any other, like maybe something mechanical? Can someone shed some light on the available fittings. THanks
Similar Threads: Polyethylene pipe
Forum Title Date
HVAC Heating & Cooling Round flex AC pipe Jun 10, 2017
HVAC Heating & Cooling Is the original pipe black pipe? Jan 6, 2016
HVAC Heating & Cooling hot water boiler with zero pressure air in pipes - how to purge/bleed air Dec 4, 2014
HVAC Heating & Cooling sealing of vent pipe at ceiling Dec 30, 2013
HVAC Heating & Cooling Help - what is this pipe coming through the foundation? Jun 15, 2013

Share This Page