Plumbing not plumb (anal compulsive edition)

Users who are viewing this thread

djdavenport

Reaction score
Pumb.jpg
I've spent the winter tinkering around with my heating system, and it works great. But, in the process of adding a few things and tweaking a few things, the left hand side (see photo) is not plumb and it's annoying me. What would annoy me more would be if I tried to fix it and suddenly it sprung leaks or otherwise quit working. I'd also like to not have to cut pipe and sweat fittings if I can help it. It's not worth that to me.

What I'm wondering is if there's enough natural flex in the 1" pipe that I could nudge it square with a hydraulic jack pushing against the lower left hand corner? All we're looking at is probably 1 to 1-1/2" inches, but I have nightmares of cracking something.

Any suggestions? Risk/reward assessment? Just live with it? No bad answers at this point.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Live with it. Should you ever get to the point when you want to replace say a pump or other item, things will spring apart, and give you grief putting it back together if you don't break something in the beginning.

djdavenport

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. If you're willing to sign off on it not being hopelessly shoddy work, I'm more than happy to. What's next? Nothing, thankfully. I think I kind of exceeded by pay grade on this one. Cheers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks