Pfister, Too Hot or Too Cold Water in Shower Panel

Users who are viewing this thread

punkiister

Reaction score
Hello,

My bathroom has a Pfister shower panel model # 016-700SP. I have replaced the temperature and diverter part # 974-251A. Since i have installed the new part the water only flowing at extreme temperature either its too hot or too cold. Its not mixing at all.

I took out the handle and unscrew it with allen key. There are two brass pins with black mark on it, smaller and bigger with thread on it.

Does anyone know how these pin work? What should be the setting adjustment to mix water? or problem is somewhere else?

Please advice

Attachments

• 03-07-2018 3-26-13 PM.jpg
    03-07-2018 3-26-13 PM.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 714

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I put your listed part numbers into the Phister website. The divertor has nothing to do with the temperature control, it just switches from one port to the other, whatever inlet it gets. What is the part number of the thermostatic valve? Your whole shower panel assembly doesn't show up, as it's likely an older model and I didn't find instructions for it.

Those adjustments are probably used to calibrate the panel's markings with reality, and may be okay from the factory. IOW, they would adjust the outlet temperature so when the markings showed say 105-degrees, the outlet water actually was 105-degrees. Without the model number of that valve, can't say for sure.

punkiister

Reaction score
I put your listed part numbers into the Phister website. The divertor has nothing to do with the temperature control, it just switches from one port to the other, whatever inlet it gets. What is the part number of the thermostatic valve? Your whole shower panel assembly doesn't show up, as it's likely an older model and I didn't find instructions for it.

Those adjustments are probably used to calibrate the panel's markings with reality, and may be okay from the factory. IOW, they would adjust the outlet temperature so when the markings showed say 105-degrees, the outlet water actually was 105-degrees. Without the model number of that valve, can't say for sure.

Part # 974-251A is a part number. Diverter and Thermostat is a single casted part as shown in the Part explosion.

Stuff

Reaction score
Your best bet is to call Pfister back as their does not appear to be any public documentation on this. They apparently used parts not in common with the rest of their products.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Using their search function on the US, Canada, and international websites show nothing with that part number, so you're stuck trying to get info from them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks