Older Grohe shower fauct cap removal

Users who are viewing this thread

llh106

Reaction score
Early 1980's vintage. Drips and would rather fix if I can than replace. No apparent slot to pop plastic cap off and neither plastic nor plastic plus metal screws out under reasonable force. Any help appreciated.

IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might find that the cap unscrews. Their tech support line is pretty good.

llh106

Reaction score
Thank you for responses. Turns out that there are ridges under the plastic cap that fit into slots in the metal part of the cap. Comes apart with about a 1/4 turn CCW. But pretty well seated after all the time it had been in place.

TAM125

Reaction score
Thank-you for your post! I just bought a home that has this 1988 vintage Grohe shower handle, and I haven't been able to figure out how to get the "cap" off, no set screw, no slot. So, did you replace it with a Grohe? If so, what model/part? Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks