Old Moentrol Valve?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by brandenmatthew, Feb 25, 2015.

1. brandenmatthew

brandenmatthew New Member

I have what I thought was a Moentrol valve, but when I bought a new Moentrol trim kit, the center ring/temperature limit stop (the round trim that sticks through the trim plate about two inches long and round) does not fit. The new trim ring is too large compared to my old one...you can see it in the picture.

Did Moentrol have different styles...or do I even have a Moentrol.

Any help is appreciated.

moentrol valve.jpg

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You have a Moentrol, you may have purchased is a Posi-Temp trim, which uses a larger cartridge and the same diagonal location of the mounting screws.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. brandenmatthew

brandenmatthew New Member

I think your right. I thought I ordered a Moentrol....but now I see that what came is not marked Moentrol anywhere. I was really getting frustrated trying to understand what was wrong. Your a big help...thank you so much.