New toilet glaze issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Hoffman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to the forum and new to working with toilets. 1st time homeowner and am just learning the ropes.

Anyhow, I bought a new Niagara Stealth 2-piece 0.8 gpf toilet to replace the ancient toilet in the house that only flushes properly about 1/3 of the time.

I brought the Niagara home and discovered this in the "inlet" area into the bowl (area just below flush valve opening)....there is an area where the glaze is not only uneven but is actually not even present:

newtoilet-glaze.jpg

It's hard to tell but the divet that is a bit right of center is maybe 1mm to 1.5mm deep, deep enough that a little bit of water would collect and sit in there with each flush.

Will this cause any problems (maybe long down the road)? If so, is there an easy fix I could do at home?

I'll return the toilet if it is going to cause a serious issue down the road, but would rather not return it as it's about an hour an a half round trip to the store I had to special order it from. Also, don't want to wait for a replacement if this is just a minor, mostly cosmetic issue.

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks