New Tankless gas water heater no flame, how to fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

monkey1

Reaction score
New generic Chinese Ebay Tankless gas water heater no flame. I tried blowing and sucking on the gas inlet with my mouth and manually turn on the micro switch but couldn't blow through. New battery. Good pressure. When I manually open the micro switch, I see the ignition sparks. I also hear the thunk sound of gas valve solenoid opening. But no flame.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
So sorry.
You likely, will never be able to find parts for that anyway.
With a name brand unit, say, Navien, you would have a 6 year parts warranty and FedEx red label. Plus a digital smart diagnostic display panel telling you exactly what the problem is.

monkey1

Reaction score
Testing without water. When the unit is not installed with water lines, shouldn't I be able to pull on the micro switch to start the ignition sequence and then gently blow air through the gas inlet after the solenoid engages? Please see photo.
IMG_4082.JPG

FDNY/RETIRED

Reaction score
Like Fitter30 said I think you need water flow. I now on my old Quietside DPW120a. If I shut water supply off. When I went to descale it. I would not ignite gas. I also had the solenoid engage but I didn't have a spark. I believe that was a safety feature. I know when the plumber put my Navien unit it. It needed water supply before ignition would take place.
If you are intent to see if there is airflow through the gas valve. You should remove it from the unit. Keep power to the microswitch. Look to see if you visually see the valve open. If it does and you cant blow through the disconnected unit. Then you have some sort of restriction in the valve body.

Fitter30

Reaction score
That shaft on the right looks closed by the saw mark on the end. You fire a condensing water heater without water flowing it will be trash in seconds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks