New HD Glacier Bay Install...

What would you do?

• Take it back and try the same toilet?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take it back for a refund and different toilet that home depot carries.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Keep it... Buy a plunger!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Ericlp

Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier...ete-Elongated-Toilet-in-White-N2316/100676582

Bought one of these for like 120 bucks. Funny part was, I bought one about 4 years ago and it really flushes good...

This new one? Not so good. Could be that this was installed in a Condo built in 1960's. Old plumbing and pipes. But, I noticed the toilet doesn't flush as well as the last one.. Doesn't sound as powerful... Even tho, I haven't had to use a plunger on it, I'm thinking we may actually have to buy one, the old toilet at my old house, we didn't need one...

Also, something strange that I noticed a week ago, We probably had this toilet installed for a few weeks now. But, I noticed that the "siphon jet"? The water that comes out at the bottom hole after it's finishing flushing.... It doesn't shoot out straight...but instead the water is jetted out at an angle to the left... I know these aren't the best toilets, but at least it doesn't rock and everything appears to be OK, other than this. Sometimes, if you put toilet paper on the side where the jet doesn't push it, the paper will just swirl around on that side and will not go down, however if you put in bigger piece or more than one piece of toilet paper it will go down... and yes, I did feel around in the jet for any type of obstructions like a piece of plastic etc..etc.. couldn't feel anything strange but, my fingers are only so long.

Hmm, I thought about taking it back, but ... I'm not sure if it's a combo of old plumbing or if the toilet is just a cheap one and lucky I didn't get something even worse. What would you guys do? Also, I'm in Hilo hawaii, where we have pretty much one hardware store that sells toilets home depot, we do have a lowes on the other side of the island.

Anyway... Ripping a new toilet back up and getting down in the elevator, back to the store isn't a something I'm looking forward too. On a plus side I only plan to be here for 4 years, maybe I can live with it for that long... maybe it won't get any worse? On the plus side it looks nice, no cracks or wobbles and seems to make a clean flush so the top jets are working fine.

Sigh... what to do! Buy a plunger and hope for the best maybe! LOL!

Thanks for reading and any replies!

glacier-bay-toilet-1.jpg

Cheers everyone! Not gonna buy one of these toilets again in the future... wouldn't recommend one to anyone living in a condo where returning would be a hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
returning is a "hassel" no matter where you live, and Home Depot knows it. In fact they count on it, which is why they can sell "marginally" efficient items.

glacier-bay-toilet-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks