Choosing Between AS Champion 4 and Kohler Cimarron

Users who are viewing this thread

TheDookOfHazzard

Reaction score
Looks like the popular opinion around here is Toto Drake, but I can only get one of those via delivery (I'm in the middle of nowhere) and it sounds like that's not a great way to go. There is a Lowe's within an hour of me and they have the Champion 4 for $199 and the Cimarron for $229. My main thing is a good flush. Because I'm a romantic, this is a birthday gift for my wife. She hates that we have to plunge our toilet 3 times a week. I know the Kohler has the Revolution 360 to help keep the bowl clean, but does that sacrifice some flushing power? I know the Champion is kind of known for it's ability to flush anything.

Also, there's this. I know people mostly frown upon Glacier Bay, but I thought it would be nice since it's a gift and it seems easier to clean*. It gets good reviews (whatever that's worth). Thoughts? Would the vacuum assist be a potential point of failure? Would it even really flush better than a good gravity toilet.

*People may think I'm a chauvinist since my wife is the one who cleans the toilet, but who else it gonna clean it, someone else's wife? That would be weird.

Eman85

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber. My experience with AS, it's not worth what you're going to put in it. I gave up, never even installed it, such poor quality and the replacements were worse. I went with Mansfield, good finish and it flushes what we put in it.

Peterson

Reaction score
If you are going to Lowes, I'd be tempted to get one of their 99 dollar Project Source ADA elongated toilets. I believe these might have been called Aquasource before? It's their housebrand of plumbing fixtures. They have standard parts and they actually work very well.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Looks like the popular opinion around here is Toto Drake, but I can only get one of those via delivery (I'm in the middle of nowhere) and it sounds like that's not a great way to go. There is a Lowe's within an hour of me and they have the Champion 4 for $199 and the Cimarron for $229. My main thing is a good flush. Because I'm a romantic, this is a birthday gift for my wife. She hates that we have to plunge our toilet 3 times a week. I know the Kohler has the Revolution 360 to help keep the bowl clean, but does that sacrifice some flushing power? I know the Champion is kind of known for it's ability to flush anything.

Also, there's this. I know people mostly frown upon Glacier Bay, but I thought it would be nice since it's a gift and it seems easier to clean*. It gets good reviews (whatever that's worth). Thoughts? Would the vacuum assist be a potential point of failure? Would it even really flush better than a good gravity toilet.

*People may think I'm a chauvinist since my wife is the one who cleans the toilet, but who else it gonna clean it, someone else's wife? That would be weird.
I would get the Kohler cimmaron. It will probably work better than the champion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks