New drop-in bathtub install

Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan MCLAUGHLIN

Reaction score
First time installing a bathtub and I have found a couple questions that the instructions do not answer.
my new tub arrived attached to 1/2" osb, and standing on four legs of osb cutoffs glued together. Does the tub stay on those four legs for proper installation? Or are they supposed to be taken off and the full sheet of osb sit on the floor?
All my readings seem to suggest tubs get secured by screws through the tiling flange (including the instructions for my tub). But this model doesn't have a tiling flange. How in the best way to secure it?

Any helpful.advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

20210302_175809.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally installed on a deck if it doesn't come with a flange on top.
The legs can sit on the floor, or if that is difficult to set up just right, being that it's being dropped down, you might wind up installing with piles of mortar mix that spread out to conform to the height that you need to fill that void. I can sometimes use the legs if I'm sliding the tub in or dropping it all the way to the floor. More difficult on a tile deck, as you never know exactly what you're working with.

Last edited:

Jordan MCLAUGHLIN

Reaction score
Thank you! I was really looking for some assurance that it can/should stay on the legs (just seems off and less then fully supported to me) in a mortar bed and supported all around on the edge.

Thank you again and appreciate the timely responses!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks