New bathtub faucet whistles

Users who are viewing this thread

Urie600

Reaction score
I just installed a new Moen bathtub faucet/shower combo. (Probably basic model). Replaced the galvanized piping to the faucet with PEX. Works fine, except the first 20-30 seconds after turning shower on it whistles. What do I do??

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hopefully you have either copper or pipe nipples to the tub spout and not PEX.
Some shower heads are restricted down quite a bit, and at times I've made the orifice a little bigger to tune them to a quieter resonance.

Last edited:

Urie600

Reaction score
Hopefully you have either copper or pipe nipples to the tub spout and not PEX.
Some shower heads are restricted down quite a bit, and at times I've make the orifice a little bigger to tune them to a quieter resonance.
I do have pipe going to the spout

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've noticed that, generally, on older diverter tub spouts. If you're using one of them, maybe play a little bit with the knob to see if you can either change it or stop it. IF so, you might get Moen to send you a new one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks