Jacuzzi tub water drip / leak - faucet identification and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

thejimmythompson

Reaction score
Just looking for some advise on a couple of items related to the same situation. The bathtub water spout (faucet neck) has spun 360 degrees for as long as I can remember - Is this intentional / normal or has something been messed up all along? I used the tub a week ago and the faucet started dripping. I left it alone for a few days and it never stopped. When I touched the neck the drip stopped but I could then hear a drip inside the small wall below it - eventually made a water stop on the ceiling below. The drip inside the wall has stopped and its now just dripping out of the end of the faucet. Any ideas as to what's causing this. My suspicion is the neck isn't supposed to turn and because it does the pipe or fitting below it has cracked or developed a leak - I have no real clue.

I called a Plumber and after 3 mins they said we'd have to open the wall to fit what ever it is and that the tile repair would be my responsibility - the assessment was so quick that its caused me to pause - either they're really good or taking a lazy approach - can this be resolved without destroying the wall? They said the tile would be hard to match and they've never seen it before.

I'd like to keep the same fixtures so it matches everything else but i have not idea what brand / model it is for replacement parts or a direct match if it does have to be replaced.

Any thoughts / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Bathtub 1.jpg
    Bathtub 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 65
  • bathroom 2.jpg
    bathroom 2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 74

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The tub spout itself has an allen screw to hold it in place. Maybe needs a o-ring. The spout must not swing. Any leaks below the deck need to be addressed by opening up wall, unless there is a crawl space in which to access.

thejimmythompson

Reaction score
The tub spout itself has an allen screw to hold it in place. Maybe needs a o-ring. The spout must not swing. Any leaks below the deck need to be addressed by opening up wall, unless there is a crawl space in which to access.
Thank you! any reason why i may not be able to keep the same faucet in place one repaired?

thejimmythompson

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much tile I should remove from the wall to access the plumbing. I have a feeling the mixing valve is bad and or hardware - but won't know until I can lay eyes on it. Any suggestions on how to save the tile is greatly appreciated - I don't want to mess with trying to match it or doing something different along the wall face.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there is no access panel you would have to find a way to get access underneath. What's wrong with the unit currently ? Cartridges are leaking ? I don't see this unit( based on the pictures) have a separate diverter or on the spout .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks