Need to lower toilet flange Which Reamer is best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
delete... I got confused between threads..

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, toilet flanges are designed to be tight to the floor. Since yours is sticking up, there's no guarantee any toilet would fit on it. A deeper depression in the toilet would mean a standard wax ring might not make a proper seal, so most toilets have that depression at approximately the same depth. Those square-edged, all PVC flanges (along with some CI ones) can be a problem as they're both taller and square, making the mating with the flange harder.

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
I think the Unifit is good in that you are not trying to place something heavy to a spot. The trickier part is that you are not sure how close to the wall your want the Unifit to be. So if you have some adjustment range for placement, you have to do some study to figure out the ideal placement.
Just realized you referred to the Unifit.. I am not using one of those toilets.. I have a 12" being installed on the 14" The Ultramax is so low that the distance from the wall is not that out of place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks