Need help with leaky faucet how to get to stems etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
Hi all. House is built in 2006. I normally am reasonably competent at this sort of thing but I for the life of me cannot fix this leaking faucet. I cannot identify the make to google it nor identify any screws to remove handles. The knob spokes (not sure what to call them-4 on each handle) unscrew but do not offer any additional access that I can see. There are no access screws. The H or C “caps” don’t seem to have any tab with which to pop them off. The faucet may come with the bowl but I did not see any helpful logos on it either. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

Chris
51EA35F3-331D-48AE-95B2-A573B4184ECD.jpeg
48FEB31C-96F9-4812-96EE-D6A8F08CB232.jpeg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This looks like the faucet you have. The H/C indexes should pop out to access the screws.

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
This looks like the faucet you have. The H/C indexes should pop out to access the screws.

Thank you-there is a screw in there that’s tough to see in picture-I am unsure how to access it, via 1 or 2 in the pic? I am assuming via 1 because that makes the most sense but I cannot get the index buttons off. I fear both are corroded and am trying not to break it. Any tips?

2F61B619-05E5-450F-AE27-48D369339C2E.jpeg

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
The top cap with the H needs to be popped off. Sometimes a knife blade is small enough to fit in enough to lift it out.
Yeah not so easy. A bunch of q tips and vinegar plus Allen wrench and hammer popped them off from inside

Thanks for all the help!