Need help with leaky faucet how to get to stems etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
Hi all. House is built in 2006. I normally am reasonably competent at this sort of thing but I for the life of me cannot fix this leaking faucet. I cannot identify the make to google it nor identify any screws to remove handles. The knob spokes (not sure what to call them-4 on each handle) unscrew but do not offer any additional access that I can see. There are no access screws. The H or C “caps” don’t seem to have any tab with which to pop them off. The faucet may come with the bowl but I did not see any helpful logos on it either. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

Chris
51EA35F3-331D-48AE-95B2-A573B4184ECD.jpeg
48FEB31C-96F9-4812-96EE-D6A8F08CB232.jpeg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This looks like the faucet you have. The H/C indexes should pop out to access the screws.

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
This looks like the faucet you have. The H/C indexes should pop out to access the screws.

Thank you-there is a screw in there that’s tough to see in picture-I am unsure how to access it, via 1 or 2 in the pic? I am assuming via 1 because that makes the most sense but I cannot get the index buttons off. I fear both are corroded and am trying not to break it. Any tips?

2F61B619-05E5-450F-AE27-48D369339C2E.jpeg

Cmwneuro

Reaction score
The top cap with the H needs to be popped off. Sometimes a knife blade is small enough to fit in enough to lift it out.
Yeah not so easy. A bunch of q tips and vinegar plus Allen wrench and hammer popped them off from inside

Thanks for all the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks