Need help with food service Insinkerator Disposer

Users who are viewing this thread

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I want to remove this disposer from a prep sink and replace it with a strainer and indirect waste. problem is, the drain hole in the sink is almost 7" wide and I cant find a strainer or a retrofit that size. If someone can help me locate one that would be great.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Insinkerator-SS-200-29-Commercial-Garbage-Disposal-2-hp-Motor-208-230-3-phase.jpg
    Insinkerator-SS-200-29-Commercial-Garbage-Disposal-2-hp-Motor-208-230-3-phase.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 208

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
This may be a situation where you hire someone to weld in a patch in your sink. Commercial sinks are often welded on site.

Buy a small sink that has the 3" hole that you need, cut out the section needed to patch in the 7".

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
This may be a situation where you hire someone to weld in a patch in your sink. Commercial sinks are often welded on site.

Buy a small sink that has the 3" hole that you need, cut out the section needed to patch in the 7".
Thanks. I wanted that to be my last resort but I may have to do that.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. unorthodox / tongue in cheek suggestion... Ever hear of Bathfitter? Instead of pulling and replacing an old tub, they fit another over the top and somehow match up the drain.. I don't know exactly how it works.. But... What about installing a self rimming stainless sink right in over the top of the old one and silicone the perimeter? Guess it depends on size and shape.. most commercial prep sinks are rather large.. tho i've never installed a disposer on a prep sink either.. only on the pre rinse sink ahead of the dishwasher..

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. unorthodox / tongue in cheek suggestion... Ever hear of Bathfitter? Instead of pulling and replacing an old tub, they fit another over the top and somehow match up the drain.. I don't know exactly how it works.. But... What about installing a self rimming stainless sink right in over the top of the old one and silicone the perimeter? Guess it depends on size and shape.. most commercial prep sinks are rather large.. tho i've never installed a disposer on a prep sink either.. only on the pre rinse sink ahead of the dishwasher..
You are correct. It's a pre rinse sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks